bitJob is a global, decentralized marketplace for student employment
“In my student days, I worked years in jobs that didn’t help my CV and lost valuable years of experience along the way. We are working very hard to change this equation, and also understand that we have the opportunity through bitJob to change the lives of numerous population groups, that are being pushed into a corner these days all around the world, AKA ‘The Unbanked’.”
– Elad Kofman, bitJob CMO & Co-Founder
bitJob ICO Information
bitJob ICO is live. Ends in
Interview with Elad Kofman, bitJob CMO & Co-Founder
BitcoinChaser: What kind of problem, market deficiency or opportunity inspired you to launch your project?
- Nowadays, students worldwide have trouble finding relevant work in their field due to not having the hands-on experience. Finding work online is even more difficult for them- it is fairly new in this age and companies have no way to know for sure what the student is capable of. We then recognized the opportunity to decentralize the job market for short-term online jobs. We also saw the opportunity to unite students, give them hands-on experience with cryptocurrency this year, as well as giving them the opportunity of gaining experience in their professional field.
- This is a win-win situation for students and employers. As you may know, vloggers, Bloggers, Graphic Designers, Promotion, Developers are essential parts of any business. These are examples of a few employment opportunities that will be needed for many years to come. bitJob will make all of this easier as more and more students will look to make income anywhere as long as they have access to the internet. Let’s give the opportunity for a skilled student in India to code a website for a business in the Canada for example.
- The root idea of bitJob actually emerged many years ago… In our time as students, while we were enjoying the lawns of the faculty meetings — and needed some quick money. After we graduated and dove into the labor market, we were faced with a most painful problem, one that does not receive an appropriate response: students finish their degrees and begin their careers with zero experience, after spending their time in jobs that do not contribute to their professional résumés. As executives, we now have encountered with another obvious need: employers find it difficult to hire quality temporary workers that fit the budget — and most of them (80%) fail in recruiting students.
- As Blockchain advocates, this disrupting technology suffers from multiple fundamental problems – It is hard to talk about Blockchain, use Blockchain and mainly, it suffers from bad PR. We needed to think faster and better in order to mainstream Blockchain technology.
BC: How will your project address this problem, market deficiency or opportunity in a unique way?
bitJob: bitJob marketplace will connect students with employers: Professional SME/AMB will offer online short term, and degree relevant jobs. Undergraduate students will sharpen their skills set vs bartending. Students will be able to cash their reward/income in STU token (with proper incentives) or in FIAT with PayPal – immediately.
With the help of the ICO and our STU token, we will secure users flow and Mainstream adoption with our Marketing & Growth Strategy: bitJob Affiliate Program – offering worldwide Student Associations (for registering students) & HR agencies (for supplying relevant jobs on a regular basis) an affiliate referee for any transaction made by the users they have registered.
bitJob culture is to offer everyone a Win-Win incentive.
BC: How do you think that competition will develop following your ICO?
bitJob: In bitJob we embrace competition – we didn’t invent the wheel here. However, currently all sides are losing and the problems are just too painful. bitJob is more of a social project, as the vision is to educate next generations with cryptocurrency hands-on experience. We all have children and we want to create a better and safer world for them. Blockchain tech helps us with that – offering new value and unifying students globally. Any competition that may arise will be a greater benefit to the student world, than the current status quo – and that is the most important thing for us as parents and entrepreneurs.
BitcoinChaser: What are you planning to do with the proceeds of your ICO, and why?
bitJob: Start integration with major exchanges, continuing to create partnerships with academic institutes worldwide, starting with North America and Europe. Next, we will have an on-the-ground presence in India and China – our top 2 biggest markets (India alone has more than 280 million students). You can find our Business Development Plan on our website: https://bitjob.io/
BC: For all those who have read your white paper and are still on the fence about contributing to your ICO, what can you tell them that could lead them to buy into your project?
bitJob: When a contributor asks me why they should contribute to bitJob, I answer with my heart: I have a 3-year old daughter and a 4-month old baby boy. I want my legacy to be remembered as one of the people who reshaped the way that they earn a living in the future. In my student days, I worked years in jobs that didn’t help my CV and lost valuable years of experience along the way. We are working very hard to change this equation, and also understand that we have the opportunity through bitJob to change the lives of numerous population groups, that are being pushed into a corner these days all around the world, AKA “The Unbanked”.
Discover more ICOs