Interview with LAToken
BitcoinChaser: What kind of problem, market deficiency or opportunity inspired you to launch your project?
LAToken: Significant capital markets inefficiencies:
- Low liquidity of hard assets (i.e. real estate, works of art, etc.)
- High transaction costs of middlemen (i.e. underwriters fees; annual listing fees)
- Long listing preparation (i.e. on stock exchanges)
- Low transparency of assets
BC: How will your project address this problem, market deficiency or opportunity in a unique way?
LAToken: LAToken aims to resolve all above-mentioned problems by issuing asset tokens LAT:
- Asset owners will be able to unlock the value of assets by creating and selling their asset tokens with much lower transaction fees (i.e. 0.001%)
- Cryptoholders will be able to diversify their crypto portfolio by getting access to tokens linked to the price of real assets (less volatile)
BC: How do you think that competition will develop in this segment of the market following your ICO?
LAToken: We expect the following trends in competition to be seen soon:
- Launch of projects specialized on certain types of assets (i.e. real estate only, works of art only, etc.)
- Launch of protocol-based projects enabling development of asset tokens customized for new types of assets
- Rapidly decreasing transaction costs driven by blockchain technology development and increasing rivalry
BC: For all those who have read your white paper and are still on the fence about contributing to your ICO, what can you tell them that could lead them to buy into your project?
LAToken: There’s a number of reasons to become a LAT Token Sale contributor:
- Huge market potential with addressable inefficiencies (we estimate total value of assets tokenized by 2025 at $5tn; potential to reduce transaction fees by dozens of times)
- Strong and diverse team with experience in FinTech startups, consulting (3 McKinsey alumni), hedge funds, PE funds (https://sale.latoken.com/team/?utm_source=bitcoinchaser_listing)
- LAToken is a #1 asset tokenization project by contributions raised via Token Sale ($17.8 raised from 11,000+ contributors)
- The platform is already operational with ongoing trading of tokenized shares of blue chips (Amazon, Tesla, Apple), real estate ETFs and commodities (oil, gold, silver)
LAToken ICO Information
|ICO Start Date||August 22, 2017|
|ICO End Date||October 10, 2017 8|
|Total Token Supply||180M|