Trackr ICO has ended
Trackr is a smart cryptocurrency app that tracks your portfolio performance and alerts you of any market trends.
“Over time, the Trackr vision encompassed a lot more than just a “pretty graph”… We have since expanded our idea to provide highly customizable market alerts which notify the user via mobile push, e-mail, SMS or websockets for developers. Market alerts can be based on historical data and we want to take them one step further and implement a price prediction algorithm that works through machine learning.” – Trackr
Trackr ICO Information
Hard Cap: 11,700 ETH
ICO start date: August 16
ICO end date: September 15
Trackr ICO is has ended.
Interview with Trackr
BitcoinChaser: What kind of problem, market deficiency or opportunity inspired you to launch your project?
Trackr: The idea behind Trackr was mainly inspired due to us (the founders) being unable to find a half decent way of monitoring our cryptocurrency investments. It’s easy if you have only invested in a few because you can keep checking the price every day and guesstimate how much you’ve made or–lost; however, once you’ve invested into multiple currencies it becomes a lot more time consuming and tedious.
As we are both software developers, we wanted to automate this process. We realize that a desktop is often not the most friendly setup if you’re constantly out and about, therefore a mobile app is ideal. There are quite a few mobile solutions already out there that achieve the same thing, most of them however lack proper historical analysis. Ultimately, the purpose of Trackr was initially an app that could alert us when certain market trends take place and show us a graph with the information we need to know: how much we have invested and how much we have made.
BC: How will your project address this problem, market deficiency or opportunity in a unique way?
Trackr: Over time, the Trackr vision encompassed a lot more than just a “pretty graph” and a visualization of your portfolio. We have since expanded our idea to provide highly customizable market alerts which notify the user via mobile push, e-mail, SMS or websockets for developers. Market alerts can be based on historical data and we want to take them one step further and implement a price prediction algorithm that works through machine learning and is able to classify opportune moments for investment by providing a popularity score.
Furthermore we really want this to become the investor’s right hand man, so in the long run we are looking to implement features such as FX backtesting and post-trade analysis. On top of all, we guarantee user privacy and security and have explained this in-depth in our whitepaper on how we deal with user data.
BC: How do you think competition will develop in this segment of the market following your ICO?
Trackr: Competition is always fierce, even right now we are often asked how Trackr differs from something like Blockfolio. Blockfolio is more of a portfolio management and currency price tool, where as Trackr in addition to tracking your portfolio enables the user to receive market alerts (set by the user and/or sudden alerts depending on market volatility for certain currencies), trade analysis, strategy testing and arbitrage opportunities,
On top of that, we have some cool features on the roadmap such as pre-populating your investments by linking your wallet address, machine learning, monte carlo simulations, alerts and ratings based on media exposure and score and so on.
BC: What are you planning to do with the proceeds of your ICO, and why?
1. First and foremost, we’re looking to raise funds to expand our team as we want to recruit talented and like-minded individuals that share our vision.
2. The infrastructure we run our servers on (Amazon Web Services) requires upfront payments when ordering reserved servers (as this ends up being cheaper for high compute and memory servers when paying in advance for multiple years).
3. We expect to make use of MapReduce and Machine Learning servers to process prediction models and provide analysis, these can get quite costly when running for large periods of time (as we’re dealing with ever-changing stock data).
4. Rest of the funds are split into legal, product development, and investing in R&D.
5. Finally, we anticipate to spend a size-able portion on marketing and advertising to get the word out.
Our goal is to start providing ROI as soon as possible for investors.
BC: For all those who have read your white paper and are still on the fence about contributing to your ICO, what can you tell them that could lead them to buy into your project?
Trackr: Well the only thing I’d like to emphasize is that our team consists of members that have had industry experience within the FX world. One of our founders was part of a team in a top worldwide investment bank working on something called “Matrix FX” which is an industry leading FX single dealer platform. We’ve recently also added an advisor to our team that is currently a Vice President at Morgan Stanley (and has years of experience working as a banking software developer).
So we believe we have the experience and technical expertise to outclass some of the competitor offerings and make the Trackr vision a reality.
In addition to the above the (‘TKR’) token will act as a currency to drive its in-app ‘economy’ for its subscription model and provide ROI to the investors in terms of dividends and higher share prices.
- Users pay a nominal monthly fee for the subscription of ‘advanced features’, these tokens are traded back on the exchange and dividends are issued on an interim basis on profits (meaning throughout the year). The subscription price varies by the token price against ETH, as the value rises you would need to pay less in ‘TKR’ which gives early investors a bonus, either through a longer subscription or through enjoying a higher trade price on exchanges.
- Investors are able to register on a portal that will launch post ICO as a token holder (regardless of the amount they hold), we’ll be holding monthly meetings in which they’re invited to join and present their idea, disagree or agree with key decisions regarding our future or any other concern.
- There’s a lot of room for in-app ‘advertisement’ (non-obtrusive and completely subtle) for users that use the free tier, an example would be a news tab that reports the latest news for cryptocurrencies. A user may be able to submit their own cryptocurrency related news (this would be marked ‘promoted’ and go under inspection). A subscription user may be able to enjoy lower subscription fees in return for having the promoted news displayed to them (or not if they don’t wish to).
- Users are able to share their successful portfolio, meaning someone may be able to advertise their portfolio and their success. The user could then opt to ‘share’ their portfolio, which could be traded to other users where the requesting user pays X tokens for it. The exchange of tokens would be conducted by smart-contracts, a modest service fee (1-5%) could apply and the remainder is sent to the owner of the portfolio.
These are just some initial ideas, we’re still drafting our subscription model on what exactly is possible but as is evident there’s a lot of room for ROI (both in dividends and in actual token price). These are also the key decisions a majority token holder would be able to influence and as always all transactions are facilitated through smart-contracts (so they’re auditable by whomever, whenever).
One important aspect I’d like to remind in the case of Trackr is that under no circumstance do we share your personal data, nor is it stored on our servers. All data remains on the mobile devices of their respective owners, we don’t have any insight on anything a user may own.
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe at our website for information on the Alpha when it releases.
Featured Token Sales
ICO Opens March 1
|A decentralized lead sharing network for businesses to buy & sell leads in real time|
|Read more about LeadCoin|