Feathercoin Basic Information
Feathercoin – FTC – is an innovative PoW cryptocurrency based on the development of the NeoScrypt algorithm. This algorithm is stronger cryptographically than Scrypt. It also requires less memory to operate. This makes FTC ASIC resistant. There are other Feathercoin characteristics that make it attractive, and have helped it forge a niche market for itself.
Apart from the development of NeoScrypt, Feathercoin has other characteristics that make it an interesting project to follow:
- FTC is a deflationary cryptocurrency with a maximum supply of 336,000,000 coins.
- Transaction fees on the Feathercoin network at extremely low, standing at fractions of a USD cent.
- Blocks are mined on average every minute and 2 seconds.
- A total of 1,379 blocks are mined per day on average.
- Transactions are quite fast on the network.
- Block rewards halve every 2,100,000 blocks.
- Difficulty retargeting occurs on every block based on a calculation of averages that includes the average difficulty for the last 15, 120 and 480 blocks, together with a 25% damping.
Feathercoin can be bough and sold on some of the major exchanges. Buy Feathercoin (FTC)