Craps is an exhilarating and fast-paced dice game that has gained immense popularity in both traditional and online casinos. With the rise of crypto gambling, craps gambling has become more accessible, offering a unique and innovative gambling experience.
In this article, we’ll navigate the exciting world of craps, focusing on making it approachable for beginners and shedding light on craps betting strategies, online craps, and betting in craps. Let’s get rolling.
Patricia Demauro set the record for the largest craps game ever played in 2010. She rolled the dice an incredible 154 times without rolling a 7 in the 4-hour game in Atlantic City.
Aim of the Game
The main goal in craps is quite straightforward – players bet on the outcome of the roll or series of rolls of two dice. The player who rolls the dice is known as the “shooter.” Everyone at the table gets a turn to roll the dice, and the aim is to predict the result accurately. A win or loss is determined by the outcome of the shooter’s roll, and various bets can be placed based on these outcomes.
Step-by-Step Craps Gameplay
Your first step to craps gambling and winning is to start playing the game. While it is not super complicated, it can be overwhelming to get started. These are the basics of craps gameplay:
- Understand the Basics: Craps is a dice game involving one or more players who make bets on the outcome of the roll or a series of rolls of a pair of dice.
- Choose a casino: This is probably the easiest and hardest part, find a casino that not only offers Craps, but has great rewards, promotions, and reputation. You can check out our guide with tips for choosing the perfect crypto casino.
- Place Initial Bets: Start with a ‘pass line’ or ‘don’t pass’ bet. A ‘pass line’ bet is betting that the shooter will roll a 7 or 11. A ‘don’t pass’ bet is wagering that the shooter will roll a 2, 3, or 12.
- Come Out Roll: The shooter initiates the game with the comeout roll. If the shooter rolls a 7 or 11, pass line bets win; if 2, 3, or 12 is rolled, don’t pass bets win.
- Point Established: If any other number (4, 5, 6, 8, 9, or 10) is rolled on the comeout roll, that number becomes the point. The objective now is to roll this point number again before rolling a 7.
- Place Additional Bets: After the point is established, players can make additional bets. There are various betting options available, such as Come Bets, Don’t Come Bets, Place Bets, and Field Bets.
- Betting Rounds: Between rolls, players make bets on the outcome. The game continues with different betting rounds until the shooter rolls the point number or a 7.
- Winning & Losing: Players win or lose their bets based on the type of bet placed and the result of the rolls.
Online craps follow the same basic rules, with the added convenience of playing from the comfort of your home. Online platforms also offer the advantage of crypto gambling, allowing for secure and anonymous transactions.
Different Types of Craps Games
Craps gambling has several variations, each with its unique set of rules and betting options. Here are a few:
- Bank Craps: Standard version played in casinos, where players bet against the house, focusing on “Pass” and “Don’t Pass” wagers. Played on a specialized craps table.
- Crapless Craps: A variant where you can’t lose on the come-out roll but yields lower odds.
- High Point Craps: The numbers 2 and 3 are ignored on the come out roll. If 11 or 12 is rolled, the player wins; any other number becomes the point.
- Die Rich Craps: Played with a single die, allowing up to three rolls to hit the point. It has multiple betting options but is less common in casinos.
- Simplified Craps: A streamlined version with limited betting options and straightforward rules. The outcome is based solely on the total rolled.
Craps Betting Strategies
Navigating through craps betting strategies can be daunting for beginners, but having a basic understanding of a few can enhance your craps gambling experience.
- The Iron Cross Strategy: This strategy involves making multiple bets to cover more numbers after the point is established, typically betting on 5, 6, and 8, along with a Field Bet. It maximizes the chances of winning on every roll except for a 7.
- Martingale Betting System: This classic strategy involves doubling your bet after each loss. Once you score a win, you go back to your initial betting amount. While it can be profitable, it can also lead to substantial losses, so it’s important to set limits.
- Three Point Molly: This strategy combines the safety of Pass Line bets with the high winning potential of multi-roll bets. You make a Pass Line bet, and if you win, you make another Pass Line bet, keeping up to three working bets at once.
- Laying the Odds: This strategy involves placing a bet behind your Don’t Pass Line bet after the point is established. This bet pays true odds and effectively lowers the house edge, making it one of the best bets in craps.
Craps betting sites:
Craps Betting Conclusion
Craps is a thrilling game of chance that combines luck with smart betting strategies. With the advent of online craps and crypto gambling, players can now experience this excitement right at their fingertips. Utilizing craps betting strategies and having a comprehensive understanding of the game rules and betting options can significantly improve your craps gameplay and increase your chances of having a profitable game. Explore different strategies, understand the game dynamics, and most importantly, enjoy the rollercoaster ride that craps bring to the table!
So, go ahead, roll the dice, and may the odds be ever in your favor! Be sure to check out our list of the Best Crypto Craps Sites to get started.