How we pick the best roulette casinos
Recommending great casinos is our highest priority. We take pride in providing top-tier and trustworthy platforms to ensure an enjoyable and secure gambling experience.
This is what we look for when vetting crypto roulette casinos.
We select roulette casinos that are easy to use, clear to navigate and perform actions on your account.
We only put forward casinos that offer an excellent range of roulette games.
Being able to get help when needed is vital, so we recommend roulette gambling sites that are supported by professional customer support
We seek out sites that accept a wide variety of crypto and other payment options, so you can play roulette with Bitcoin, Litecoin, or whatever you want.
We review platforms' reputations online, discover critial reports, and weight these against our own experiences.
Bonuses and promotions
To get more for your crypto, we look for roulette gambling sites featuring unique bonuses and promotions.
We consider other factors, but overall we want to ensure the roulette casinos we recommend are trustworthy and secure. We outline our overall experiences and thoughts in our casino reviews, so be sure to check those out if you want our most comprehensive opinions.
How to play roulette at a crypto casino
There are a good choice of roulette casinos out there. If you are ready to start playing you can follow these steps to get started.
- Find an online casino that has a selection of roulette games and ticks all the boxes you are looking for in an online casino
- Register and create an account at the casino. You maybe be asked to confirm your account via email. Some casinos are also anonymous, which makes this step very quick and easy.
- Make a deposit at your chosen roulette casino. For this you will need a crypto wallet with your cryptocurrency of choice. Send the amount you want to play with to the despot address at the online casino. At this point you can claim any bonuses you want as well.
If you are not sure what wallet you need, try our guide to the best cryptocurrency wallets for online gambling.
- Select your favorite roulette game, read the game instructions if anything is unclear, and start playing.
- For the lucky winners, you can cashout winnings back to your cryptocurrency wallet. You will have the funds back in your wallet in no time.
Types of Roulette at crypto casinos
Roulette as a whole is easily understood, but there are several variants of this classic game, each with its unique features and betting options. Here are some of the most popular types of Roulette games you can play at crypto casinos:
- European Roulette: Features a wheel with 37 pockets numbered from 0 to 36 with a relatively low house edge.
- American Roulette: Extra pocket on the 37-pocket wheel, the double zero (00), resulting in an increased house edge.
- French Roulette: Similar to European Roulette with unique rules, such as the La Partage and En Prison rules.
- Mini Roulette: Features a smaller wheel with only 13 pockets, ensuring a higher house edge.
- Multi-Wheel Roulette: Users can play on multiple wheels simultaneously with one bet, increasing the chances of hitting a winning number.
Most popular cryptocurrencies at Roulette casinos
Cryptocurrencies have become an increasingly popular payment option at digital casinos, including ones that offer Roulette games. Cryptocurrency provides faster, more secure, and cheaper transactions. For this reason, more and more online casinos are adopting blockchain-backed digital currencies. These are some of the most popular cryptocurrencies accepted at Roulette casinos:
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Litecoin (LTC)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
- Dogecoin (DOGE)
- Ripple (XRP)
- Tether (USDT)
- USD Coin (USDC)
As Bitcoin is the oldest cryptocurrency, it has received the most coverage and had the most time to be implemented on such a grand scale. We have also seen casinos like Stake confirm that Litecoin was their most popular cryptocurrency for transactions. Cryptocurrencies like USDT and USDC are commonly used because they are stablecoins. At the end of the day, each cryptocurrency comes with its own pros and cons. It’s always important to DYOR (do your own research) and choose the one that works best for you.
When it comes to Roulette, there is no foolproof way or strategy to win every time. But there are several strategies that players have stood by to increase their chances of winning. Here are some popular Roulette strategies for you to try:
Red/Black Strategy: A simple strategy where you either bet on red or black. This strategy provides players we a roughly 50/50 chance of winning.
Split Bet Strategy: Place a bet on two numbers adjacent to each other on the table. This could increase your chances of hitting a winning number while minimizing your bet size.
Dozens Bet Strategy: Place a bet on one of the three dozens on the table (1-12, 13-24, 25-36). This strategy covers a large portion of the table.
Street Bet Strategy: Place a bet on three numbers in a row on the table. This covers a portion of the table while minimizing your bet amount.
Five-Number Bet Strategy: Place a bet on the five numbers (0, 00, 1, 2, and 3) on an American Roulette-style table.
Again, it is important to note that each strategy has its own advantages and disadvantages, and there is no guarantee of winning. So be cautious when using any gambling strategy and be sure to not bet any money you are not willing to lose.
To fully enjoy the classic game of Roulette, it’s important to understand the terminology used at the table. So let’s break down the meaning behind these common terms used in Roulette:
- Wheel: This refers to the spinning mechanism whereby the ball is dropped in to determine the winning number.
- Ball: This refers to the small white ball that is spun around the roulette wheel.
- House Edge: This is a common casino term in general and refers to the advantage that the casino has over the player. The house edge in Roulette varies depending on the type of bet and game variant being played.
- Inside Bets: This term describes bets that are placed on the inside of the betting table such as a single number (Straight Up), two numbers (Split), three numbers in a row (Street), four numbers in a square (Corner), or six numbers (Six Line).
- Outside Bets: This term describes bets that are placed on the outside of the betting table. These include bets on Red/Black, Even/Odd, High/Low, Dozens, and Columns.
- Croupier: This term is used to identify the operator of the roulette table.
- Double Zero: This is a number usually found on the American Roulette wheel. Unfortunately, it increases the house edge and decreases your odds of winning, but results in a higher win if you land it.
- Split Stakes: This is a term used to describe when a player splits a bet between two different numbers.
- Straight-Up Bet: This is a term used to describe when a player places a bet on a single number on the Roulette table. It results in the highest payout but the lowest winning odds.
- En Prison: Referring to European roulette rules, this term describes when a player bets on an even money bet (Red/Black, Even/Odd, High/Low) and the ball lands on 0. The player’s bet is then held “in prison” until the following spin. If they win the next spin, the get their bet back, but if they lose the spin, they forfeit their bet.
- La Partage: Referring to European roulette rules, this term describes when a player bets on an even money bet (Red/Black, Even/Odd, High/Low) and the ball lands on 0, the player only loses half of their bet.
By understanding these common Roulette terms, you can fully enjoy the game, make informed decisions, and impress other table goers when placing your bets.
Fun facts about Roulette
Before we end off our Roulette game guide, we thought we would take some time to tell you some fun facts about the game. So feast your eyes on these fantastic roulette game facts:
- “Roulette” originates from the French word meaning “little wheel“.
- The modern version of roulette was invented in France in the 18th century.
- “Roly Poly” was used to refer to Roulette in England during the 18th and 19th centuries.
- The game was also commonly referred to as “E.O.“, or Even-Odd, because players would usually bet on whether the ball would land on an even or odd number.
- The sum of some roulette wheel numbers (0-36) is 666, making many superstitious about the game and leading to a lot of controversies.
- The first roulette wheel only had 31 numbers, but was later revived to add a 0 as a way to increase the house advantage.
Read more: How to play Roulette