Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies have taken the world by storm, and online casinos are along for the ride. The rate at which crypto has been adopted by gambling platforms is astonishing. And we can tell a story of the rapid adoption of cryptocurrency with statistics.
We are sourcing this information from the most accurate outlet available: the bitcoin and cryptocurrency casinos themselves, as well as software providers like Softswiss and game developers like Evolution Gaming.
Crypto Casino History Lessons
- Bitcoin was first used to wager in sports, the first use of BTC gambling was during a K-League match in South Korea. The bet was 0.2 BTC, which was worth $24 USD at the time.
- Bitcoin was first purchasable online from the first BTC exchange called New Liberty Standard. It was released in 2009 and users could buy 800 BTC for 1 USD.
- The first Bitcoin gambling site was SatoshiDice, launched in 2012. It was later sold for over 126,315 BTC in 2013. The purchase was worth $11 million at the time of sale, but those Bitcoin would now be valued at roughly $3 billion.
- Some of the earliest slot machines paid out in fruit-flavored gum instead of cash. That’s why many of the symbols on classic slots include fruit like cherries, lemons, and watermelons.
Gambling Across the Globe
- According to data from Ahrefs.com, the term ‘bitcoin casino’ is searched on average 30,000 times per month worldwide. ‘Crypto casino’ receives 15,000 searches. ‘Bitcoin’ alone received 1M searches.
- The digital world is growing, and with that growth, more and more casinos are popping up. From 2022 to 2023 the casino industry saw an increase of 7%, now boasting more than 4,305 global casinos and online gambling businesses.
- The global casino industry market is worth roughly $280 billion as of 2023.
- The United States of America is reported to be the biggest gambling country in the world, with a total gambling gross of $119 Billion in 2022. Following respectively is China, Japan, Italy, and the United Kingdom as reported by Yahoo Finance.
- Of all the states in the United States of America, Oregon takes the crown as the #1 most interested in Bitcoin gambling, with California in second and New York in third.
- Americans spent over $80 billion on lottery tickets in 2018, which is more than they spent on games, movies, and concerts.
- On a global scale, the lottery market was valued at $336 billion in 2019 and is excepted to grow to $433 billion by 2026.
Gambling Record Holders
- In 2010, a player named Patricia Demauro set the record for the longest craps game ever played. She rolled the dice an incredible 154 times without rolling a 7, winning over $1 million dollars in the 4-hour game in Atlantic City.
- The longest poker game to ever happen lasted a record-breaking 8 years. The tournament started in 1881 and ended in 1889.
- However, according to the Guinness World Records, the longest continuously played poker game is 115 hours and 36 minutes.
- The largest bingo game ever was played by over 70,000 participants in Bogota, Colombia. The record was set in 2006.
- The world’s largest slot machine is the “Super Big Bertha” located in Las Vegas. It stands 8 feet tall and six feet wide.
Are the Odds in Your Favor?
- The odds of winning a Powerball jackpot are 1 in 292 million.
- It is estimated that the likelihood of getting a royal flush in Texas Hold’em is a mere 1 in 649,740.
- The odds of a player hitting all 20 numbers on a 20 Keno ticket is roughly 1 in 3.5 quintillion.
The Most Popular Casino Cryptocurrencies
- Litecoin was the most popular cryptocurrency at Stake Casino as reported in 2022.
- The top three cryptocurrencies at online casinos in 2022 were Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin in accordance with SoftSwiss. Following those were USDT, DOGE, BCH, and XRP.
- Based on our crypto-tagged reviews, there are 191 Bitcoin casinos, 130 Ethereum casinos, 128 Litecoin casinos, 90 Bitcoin Cash casinos, and 81 Dogecoin casinos. This represents casinos that accept these cryptocurrencies as a payment option.
What Players Have to Say
- 4% of all online gambling has been facilitated through the use of cryptocurrency.
- Crypto gamblers are reported to bet more than $3 million worth of crypto daily.
- 17 is the most common number betted on in Roulette, followed closely by 7 and 3.
- Sports betting is the most popular online gambling activity and accounts for approximately 40-42% of betting activity.
- A group of global online gamblers were surveyed in 2019 and the research showed that 50% played on mobile, 40% played on computers, and 18% used tablets.
Stake Casino Statistics
- Stake.com is reported to have a player base of 72% male and 27% female, with 30% of players ranging from the ages 25 to 34 years old.
- Stake.com is believed to have received between 15 million and 21 million website visitors monthly in 2023, up until March at least.
- 65,000,000,000 bets were made at Stake Casino in 2022.
- Drake won a monumental $25 million at Stake Casino in July 2022 placing a bet on 11 on roulette.
- Wanted Dead or a Wild was the most popular game at Stake casino in 2022.
Whether you are an avid gambler or not, we hope you found this list of crypto casino stats and facts interesting. Not as mindblowing as a Drake roulette win, but cool nonetheless.
There is no denying the world of gambling is crazy, and these numbers can confirm that. Crypto gambling is still in its infancy with many more successes to come. As cryptocurrencies continue to blossom, gambling will follow closely behind. So get your dice ready and have your lucky numbers picked because we are just at the start of 2023 and things are expected to get a whole lot more exciting from here on out.