What is Ethereum Classic?
Ethereum Classic has a rocky history leading up to today. ETC was launched on 30 July 2015, created by the same people who brought you Ethereum.
So what makes Ethereum and Ethereum Classic different? Ethereum Classic maintains the original, unaltered history of the Ethereum network. In 2016, However, after a hack of a third-party project, the Ethereum Foundation forked a new version of the Ethereum main net. They implemented an irregular state change that would erase the DAO theft from the Ethereum blockchain history. And thus Ethereum was created, and Ethereum Classic took on the name it has today.
Ethereum Classic is still very similar to Ethereum, with a focus on being an open-source, blockchain-based computing platform using its smart contract functionality.
Ethereum Classic is much smaller and less active in terms of a development team, as well as only having a smaller network of miners. That doesn’t stop Ethereum Classic from being a fan favorite for many. Their smaller, less in-demand network means Ethereums’ lack of scalability is not as much of an issue.
Benefits of Ethereum Classic gambling
Ethereum Classic casinos have plenty of benefits for players to take advantage of, although it is important to remember that gambling with any cryptocurrency is generally better than most fiat options. Simply put, cryptocurrency provides:
- Fast transactions
- Lower fees
- Transparent data
With all that said, gambling with Ethereum Classic still has some extra perks over a majority of other cryptocurrencies. Let us take a look.
BTC vs ETC gambling
Gambling with Ethereum Classic has some benefits, as already stated, their network is less in-demand and thus makes them cheaper to use. The average cost for BTC transactions ranges from $1.78 to $62, while casinos accepting Ethereum Classic can enjoy an average fee of $0.0051.
Transactions can also be relatively faster, as seen with Bitcoins transaction speeds of 4-7 transactions per second, Ethereum Classic boasts up to 15 transactions per second. Not the best transaction speeds, but better than Bitcoin and also Ethereum most days. It is to be noted ETC demands a lot of confirmations, and some people have seen low gas fee transactions take up to 6 days to be confirmed. This is not a regular issue though.
ETC block time is also significantly faster than BTC, BTC block times usually take up to 10 minutes, whereas ETC only takes 13 seconds. Overall, BTC and ETC use the same mining mechanism, proof of work. The only other difference is that BTC has a max token supply of 21,000,000 whereas ETC has a max token supply of 210,700,000.
Ethereum Classic gambling is faster and cheaper in many regards and is one of the many reasons people are choosing to play in ETC.
How To Gamble With Ethereum Classic
Gambling at Ethereum Classic casinos is easy.
- Start by finding great casinos accepting Ethereum Classic, our recommendations are listed above in this article.
- Then you need to sign up at your preferred Ethereum Classic casinos, fill in all the required information, and verify your account activation via email confirmation.
- You can then select a welcome and deposit bonus or go straight to depositing.
- Depositing is easy. Ensure you have Ethereum Classic available for depositing in one of your crypto wallets. Once you’ve got your money in your wallet, head over to the deposit section and select Ethereum Classic as your method of choice.
- You will be given detailed instructions on how to make a deposit, and that’s it! Generally, they will provide you with an address to send funds. It really is that easy. Your funds should clear and become available in your account within a few minutes.
Then you can get started, and play your favorite games at the best Ethereum Classic casinos.