Poker is one of the biggest casino games there is. With entire sites and platforms dedicated just to this one game and multiple poker variants, it is undoubtedly one of the most popular games out there. So, what happens when you add Bitcoin to that mix? The emergence of Bitcoin poker affords players a series of advantages and benefits that are especially attractive. Here are some of the specific features that make Bitcoin poker so appealing.
Top Bitcoin Poker Sites
BetChain100% up to 1 BTC and 200 free spins despoit bonus
BitStarz100% up to 1 BTC despoit bonus
1XSlots100% + 30 free spins despoit bonus
1xBit100% up to 1 BTC despoit bonus
FortuneJack110% up to 1.5 BTC despoit bonus
True Flip200% up to 40mBTC + 50 free spins on Book of Dead slot despoit bonus
Casino Adrenaline111% + 189 Free Spins despoit bonus
Cloudbet100% up to 100 mBTC despoit bonus
Advantages of Playing Bitcoin Poker
As a payment mechanism, Bitcoin has many advantages. Players who chose to play Bitcoin poker will enjoy the following advantages:
- If you are located in a jurisdiction that allows gambling and use of cryptocurrency without KYC, you reap the benefits of the limited anonymity that Bitcoin offers
- Even if you’re in a place that requires KYC, you can still benefit from keeping your bank accounts or credit cards private
- Faster deposits and withdrawal speeds. Most online poker rooms take 3 to 5 days to process withdrawals of fiat currency. Poker rooms and sites let you withdraw from your poker account to your bitcoin wallet in under 24 hours. Some even allow instant withdrawals.
- You can potentially pay less rake.
- Some Bitcoin poker sites require no registration to play
- Finally, users can spend their winnings any way they choose. That freedom is breath of fresh air who’s gotten their credit card or bank transfer blocked by a bank. It is a great currency for poker play
Beyond Deposits and Withdrawals
Beyond the advantages that players get from Bitcoin transactions, there are other Bitcoin poker features that enhance the gaming experience:
- Sites and casinos that offer cryptocurrency games sometimes record the transactions themselves on a ledger. This offers a certain degree of accountability
- Many casinos are provably fair, a feature that became prominent thanks to Bitcoin. Provable fairness means casinos disclose the algorithms used in the games and the randomness of the results of a game of poker can be independently verified
Types of Bitcoin Poker
Bitcoin poker is also incredibly diverse. It offers a multiplicity of variants geared towards a wide range of players. Here are some types of Bitcoin poker games that players can enjoy:
- Video poker games are similar to slot machines or offline poker games on your computer and phone.
- The program will deal out the cards of the game at play (Jack or Better, Deuces Wild, etc.), and pay according to the pay scale advertised. You can read more about playing Bitcoin video poker here.
Against other players:
- Online poker rooms will let you play against other players using Bitcoin, or in some cases Bitcoin deposits converted immediately to fiat to “avoid the volatility of BTC”
How to Start Playing
Playing Bitcoin poker is easy. To try it out, follow these steps:
- Get a wallet – A wallet is where you store the Bitcoin you own. You have a choice of hot (online) and cold (offline) wallets, and if you are not sure witch is right for you our guide to the best Bitcoin wallets can help.
- Buy Bitcoin – Bitcoin is easier to buy than ever. You can buy it at an online exchange, at a Bitcoin ATM, from a friend, with a credit card, and some fiat exchanges have started offering OTC bitcoin trading. If you want more information, read our article on buying Bitcoin.
- Once you buy Bitcoin, transfer it to your wallet
- Deposit from your wallet at your favorite site – choose whether you want a site that requires registration or not, video poker vs real players, records transactions on a ledger or is provably fair, and start gaming.
- As always, make sure to store your passwords and keep your private keys private.
Bitcoin Poker FAQ
- What is the best bitcoin poker site? It is up to you and what you are looking for in a site, but to help you decide to check out our top 15. Always look for payouts, bonuses, registration requirements, etc.
- What is a Bitcoin poker bonus? Many sites offer bonuses for you to join, some will even offer bonuses when you reload your account. Deposit-matching bonuses are the most common
- Where can I play Bitcoin poker in the US? The US has strict gambling laws but has yet to put out a law banning gambling with Bitcoin and most of the legislation varies state to state.